Book Description: In this second book on Ho Chi Minh, a sequel to her Ho Chi Minh: The Heart and Mind of a Patriot, Dr. Dai Trang Nguyen offers us a broader and intriguing perspective on Ho Chi Minh and issues related to his underlying values and nation building, including how he approached the challenges of unification, national independence, and various aspects of economic and social development. UNESCO recognized Ho Chi Minh as “a Vietnamese hero of national liberation and a great man of culture.” Dr. Nguyen reveals details of Ho Chi Minh’s life and work that authenticate UNESCO’s recognition and demonstrates his humanism.
Publication date: May 2013
ISBN: 978-1-897160-82-4 (softcover)
Table of Contents
1. “A peaceful, reunified, independent, democratic, and prosperous Vietnam”
2. “Bring well-being to the people and public good to society”
3. “Nothing is more precious than independence and freedom!”
4. “Use a small force to defeat powerful forces”
5. “Plant trees for a decade benefit, invest in human capital for a century benefit”
6. “I simply have a wish, a burning wish”: Human Well-Being as the Ultimate Goal of Development
7. “Unity, unity, great unity”
Bản tiếng Việt
Năm xuất bản: 2013
ISBN: 978-1-897160-83-1 (bìa mềm)
About the Author
Dr. Dai Trang Nguyen was a consultant for the United Nations in Vietnam, a research associate at the Centre for Southeast Asia Research at the University of British Columbia, conducted her post-doctoral research at the Munk Centre for International Studies, and taught courses in Political Science and Asia- Pacific Studies at the University of Toronto. She is a college professor in Toronto.